myIRB is on a protected network and can only be directly accessed from computers in the Gainesville Health Science Center (HSC) computer network. Users outside the HSC must use a secure network connection, described below.
If the computer you are using is outside the HSC computer network (e.g. on campus or off campus such as at your home), you must download and install the VPN client (Cisco AnyConnect). Cisco AnyConnect is a separate application which must be run to establish a secure network connection.
The Cisco AnyConnect client application can be obtained from the UF Network Services website. Support is available at the UF Helpdesk (352) 392-HELP.
- If you have administrator privileges on your computer:
You can complete this process yourself. You will need your Gatorlink Credentials to access this site. You should be able to install this on your personal computers. Here is the link to download and install the VPN application:
- If you do NOT have administrator privileges on your computer:
Your IT Support Staff will need to install the application for you. Please refer to the above information (UF Network Services) when communicating with your IT Support Staff so they will know exactly what you need installed on your computer.
Instructions for Using VPN Client
- To establish your secure connection, run the Cisco AnyConnect client application
- When prompted, specify the connection required and click on the “Connect” button
- When connecting the first time, you should “Connect to: vpn.ufl.edu”.
- After the first time you connect, this connection option will be listed as “Gatorlink VPN”.
- When it says you are “Connected”, then open a web browser and proceed to the myIRB website
UF and the VA have created a special VPN for VA users accessing myIRB from a VA computer. Contact the VA Research office or myIRB Helpdesk for the special VA link.
You must have an active Gatorlink account in order to register for and access myIRB.
You can register to use myIRB from your VA computer:
- When you get to the myIRB Home page, on the right side, you will see a link for Registration.
- Click on that and fill in the information on the form, being sure to use your Gatorlink username, then submit the form.
- We will send you an email when the account is set up.
- At that time, you should email the helpdesk at MYIRBTECH-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU with your contact information to get your password reset.
NOTE: you can set your VA password and Gatorlink password to be identical, but resetting one will not automatically reset the other.
If you are not UF faculty, staff, or student, or do not have a Gatorlink account:
Step 1: Do you have a UF ID#? If not, call Ashlie Lambright at (352) 392-4803. You can look your name up here: http://phonebook.ufl.edu/ to see if you are in the system already.
Step 2: Set up your Gatorlink account here: http://gatorlink.ufl.edu/ If you need help with running the VPN, please contact the UF Helpdesk at (352) 392-HELP or contact myIRB Technical Assistance at MYIRBTECH-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU.